Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Where are you, Kenny?

On Thursday, we took a ferry to the St. John Island for the day to visit the Virgin Island National Park - Trunk Bay. If you ever head to the Virgin Islands, you should definitely make a trip to St. Johns because Trunk Bay was my favorite beach of the week! It is incredibly beautiful with crystal blue water, white sand and an underwater snorkeling trail. 

I got to check one more thing off of my list of 30 before 30 this trip - snorkeling in the Caribbean! I know it's really weird - but I have NEVER been snorkeling! I was pretty excited to get to experience my first snorkeling trip in a beautiful place like St. John!

I have to admit - there was another reason that we wanted to go to St. Johns. We heard a rumor in town that Kenny Chesney was currently in St. Johns. Apparently, he has a house there and is known to frequent Woody's (a small bar and grill) for a beer and burger. You better believe we scoped out the scene. I'm super sad to report that we did not have any Kenny spottings, therefore, he was not able to fall madly in love with me. Tear. Maybe next time.

getting on the ferry to st. johns!
  

tj is taking the ferry too!

a view of the islands in between st. thomas/st. johns

it was a bit of a windy ride.


entering st. johns - all the sail boats, houses.

an overhead view of trunk bay.

another one ..no, this isn't a postcard. it's fo real, kids.


getting ready for my snorkeling adventure.

TJ getting ready to snorkel with Minnie and I

kenny's hangout - no sightings though. tear.

leslie and i at iguana

There's more to come....

1 comment:

  1. Ahh! I want to go back!! Your pics are great!

    ReplyDelete