Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Welcome to Paradise.

Last week, I got the incredible opportunity to get away to the beautiful St. Thomas / St. John Islands! It's just one of the many perks to being friends with a world - renowned dietitian. Jessica was asked to speak at a hospital in St. Thomas - and well, Mindy, Leslie and I were lucky enough to tag along!

Believe me when I say - I contemplated just not coming home. On the beach, I would listen to You and Tequila and daydream about working as a waitress with a big ole flower in my hair at Woody's. Then one day, Kenny Chesney would come in for a beer and fall head over heels in love with me and we would sail off into the sunset together. However, then a sand flea would bite me and I'd wake up and drink another Corona...or two.

It's really incredible when you are surrounded by such natural beauty - it's as though all your worries, fears and struggles find a way to just melt away...at least for the moment. It's almost as if you believe that everything is right in the world - even if it's just for a little while, it's worth it.

the view from our balcony.
another view from our room.

the sugarbay resort beach - day 1

these little friends roamed the resort. we did not make friends.

just hanging out and reading on the beach. this is the life.
it's shark tank confessions time at duffy's love shack!

this is gene the gray shark. we are friends.
our little furry friends filled with yummy drinks.we got to keep these.

gene getting some love.
havana blue getting some love from jess and les.


Stayed tuned, folks. There is more to come...

1 comment:

  1. I am crazy stupid jealous. But I'm so glad you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete